October 3rd 2022, London: isla – the events industry sustainability body – today announces it has voted in eight new members to its Advisory Board, strengthening expert, cross-sector input across all isla activities.
The additional board members are as follows:
- Selina Donald, Founder & Chief Sustainability Officer – The Bulb
- Philippa Murphy, Events Marketing Manager – Amazon
- Amy King, Head of Exhibitions & Events – ASM Global
- Martin Fullard, Editorial Director – MashMedia
- Marisa Beckman, Operations Consultant – Inovent Exhibitions Ltd
- Chloe Jackson, Managing Director – Smart Group Ltd
- Faye Priestley, Executive Project Director – Identity
- Chloé Menhinick, Partner (Association & Legacy Consultancy) – GainingEdge
- Stewart Green, Associate Director – Xquisite Productions
Made up of both isla members and non-members alike, the new appointees represent a wide spectrum of events-industry stakeholders from agencies, exhibition organisers and venues right through to caterers and industry media.
The new Advisory Board members will join founding board members: Carina Filek, Global Chief Operations Officer at Elevate and Saskya Liney, Account Director & Head of Sustainability at emc3 in shaping the direction of the isla community to 2024.
Now in its third year, isla’s expanded Advisory Board will be focusing on strategy for cross-industry stakeholder engagement with focuses on insights, direct action and alignment.
isla Co-founder Anna Abdelnoor said: “isla’s membership base is growing steadily and our expanded Advisory Board will ensure that we best represent the interests of our community and the wider industry, to create a united voice for change. Against the backdrop of COP27 and a growing appetite for turning climate conversations into solutions, we’re excited to harness the combined expertise and energy of the Advisory Board.”
Advisory Board Chair and Managing Director of Freeman EMEA Jason Megson added: “I’m very much looking forward to working with all the new Advisory Board members. The breadth of expertise and commitment to positive change will not only support isla’s membership, but will also have an impact across the wider events industry.”