By Helen Beurier, Chief People Officer
As the way we work continues to evolve, so have we as an employer.
Hand in hand with our goal to attract and retain top talent, we have reimagined how to create high performing teams with a significant investment in our workplace flexibility and benefits model that meets the ever-changing needs of today’s workers.
In doing so, we’ve always been guided by three principles: the unwavering trust in our employees, our ambition for sustainable growth and success, and our vision to win smarter with flexibility and no-nonsense policies.
Using an evidence-based approach and an extensive feedback process that lasted six months, today we introduce a range of investments to our people proposition and reward offering which we believe is unique and highly meaningful for our people.
Zopa bank’s new workplace flexibility and benefits policy gives our employees the opportunity to live life to the full, embracing life experiences and adventures for personal growth with our no-nonsense approach to work.
The new policy matches the best and boldest benefits of the UK’s largest employers:
- Maternity, pregnancy, paternity and adoption leave – all new parents eligible for equal 16 weeks full pay regardless of family, gender, or relationship status
- Bereavement Leave – 3 weeks of fully paid leave, flexibly split as needed including 2 days for the loss of a loved pet
- Flexible Bank Holidays – exchange religious bank holidays to celebrate a day that matters most to you
- Electric Vehicle scheme – save up to 40% to access the lease for a green vehicle via the Zopa salary sacrifice scheme
- Health Cash Plan – in addition to our Vitality private medical insurance enabling our employees to access reimbursement for a range of treatments
- Menopause Care – training and support to women going through menopause
- Selling annual leave – while we encourage everyone to use their holiday allowance of 25 days + 8 bank holidays, we will give everyone the option to sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year
- Enables staff to work up to 120 days from abroad with no change to their compensation
- Suggests 13 fuss-free locations across Europe, North America and Asia including Spain, Greece, and Portugal to move as a digital nomad
The final confirmation of the destination requires line-manager approval and satisfactory evidence of the right to work and tax arrangements. We also continue to follow FCO guidance on destinations that are not recommended for UK travellers.
Helen Beurier, Zopa’s Chief People Officer said: “The world of work has undergone unparalleled change, demanding greater flexibility and the increased desire to feel that our work is meaningful. Our employees now look for jobs that come with the flexibility to support their life goals. We believe this policy will be a huge success, as it will enable our people to experience a full and rewarding life with incredible learning and development opportunities.”
We look forward to rolling out our new benefits throughout the year as we continue to build a truly great place to work.